Who needs the CCPS?
The Colorado Certified Prevention Specialist credential is for professionals providing services in the field of behavioral health and within the prevention continuum — which starts even before birth.
Many people work effectively in prevention without necessarily considering themselves “prevention specialists.” They may be teachers, religious leaders, administrators of employee assistance programs or law enforcement officers. However, we think it’s time for them to make this important connection, to view themselves and their work within the field of prevention — and to be recognized for their expertise.
The Prevention Continuum
• Community resource information for all families
• Parenting education, including nutrition, child development, discipline, and communication
• Systems of identification of “at-risk” families
• Hospital-based prevention visits for all new parents
• Prenatal-care, child-birth education, family planning
Pre-Conception to Birth